Monday, February 25, 2008

Child Rearing

Dear Journal

My mother has just had a baby. My new little brother's name is William. He is very cute but my mother can hardly look at him. She said that there is a good chance baby William will not live very long and she does not want to get attached. Strangely my mother has been feeding the baby herself. When i was a baby i was fed by a wet nurse. She said he will have a better chance of living if she feeds him. Even though she does not want to grow fond of him too fast i can tell she already loves him just like she loves me now. I would love to have a big family but my mom said if William gets strong and healthy it will just be me and him as far as children go. She said having less children will provide our small family with more financial support. I guess so since Mother has promised me violin lessons this summer. I am very excited.

Sincerely,
Alice

No comments: